OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

September 3, 2013

Hello September!

Don't you love New York in the fall?
It makes me wanna buy school supplies.
I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.
On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms. 

- Joe Fox, You've Got Mail

So We Meet Again.
September is absolutely, hands-down my favorite month of the year. And it only mostly has to do with the fact that it's my birthday month (wink wink.) I love the subtle transition from lazy, late summer to watercolor hints of autumn. The trees begin to turn up their crisp noses at the air's humidity, and in timely obedience to the magnificent weatherman in the sky, the temperature drops accordingly and the boots march out from their safely-tucked hiding places to do some walking. I am just captured by the colors: evergreen, scarlet, marigold, auburn and amethyst. These coy shades manage to catch me off-guard every year, and yet I relish the moment because it feels so good to be, yes, seduced by the luxe wonders of fall. Walking down the street and watching a gently falling leaf from an old oak tree; you can't make this stuff up. Well, you could, but I wouldn't because it sounds all-too cliche. Yet there it is, you can't help but spot it: that petite brittle leaf, aimlessly letting go, falling, and papering the bustling streets with its chilled quiet.

Labor Day.
We went on a bike ride this weekend along the West Side Highway from the Upper West Side down to Chelsea, had a taste of brunch and traipsed around the uber-hip Chelsea Market for a bit. We stopped midway to gaze at the Hudson, and stayed resting in the grass for a long time, enamored at the fact that someone was swimming laps in the river. Yikes. That's bravery.


City Garden.
I had to halt our bike ride once again when I came upon this fantastic little garden in the middle of Riverside Park. The Garden Peoples' Garden is a mesmerizing little treasure trove, perfectly manicured and stocked with giddy, mismatched plants. It was such a lovely way to spend the first day of the month, biking around our new town and sensing that the joy would only increase with the coming months. I realized that September was back again, ushering in her charms of fall. I am so ready for you, September. Let's have a whirlwind month, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes..you totally quoted You've Got Mail! I love it.. and NY in the fall fabulous... I'm also a fan of September, mostly because of the start fall fashion & my anniversary! And someday it will be for NY Fashion Week! someday.. ;)
    Hope
    hchdeisgns.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete