OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

September 23, 2013

TASTE: Pumpkin Almond Spiced Coffee Syrup (with a side of Biscuits!)


Fall is in the air. I love walking by someone on the street who has a coffee in their hand, because these days it almost always smells like pumpkin spice. Oh the blessed scents of autumn. I've been having tons of pumpkin fun in my kitchen, and I was feeling so inspired by my bff Natalie mentioning her pumpkin coffee that I decided to make my own coffee pumpkin syrup. I adapted this recipe from A Beautiful Mess by swapping out the sugar for agave and adding in almond extract. It gives the flavor a smooth, nutty hint. Just right for fall.


Pumpkin Almond Spiced Coffee Syrup
Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups water
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- A dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves & ginger *Go easy on the cloves, it's a very strong spice

Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, but don't allow it to boil.

2. Store for up to two weeks in an airtight container. Refrigerate. Use in your coffee and enjoy the yummy fall flavor!

We enjoyed our coffee this weekend with these delicious, super easy to make biscuits.



Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups all-purpose baking mix (I used Trader Joes)
- 1/4 stick butter, softened
-  3/4 cup cold milk

Method:
1. Combine all ingredients. Mix together thoroughly. Don't overmix.

2. Drop spoonfuls on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Voila! We enjoyed with yummy apple butter.

Heavenly tastes, you may commence.

Bon Appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Drinking some right now!!! Reminds me of the pumpkin spice ciders of yore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking some right now!!! Reminds me of the pumpkin spice ciders of yore.

    ReplyDelete