OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

December 19, 2013

Ladies in the Snow


Ladies Weekend.
You can't deny the power of a girls weekend. It's the circled dates on the calendar that you look forward to for months. It's the light at the end of a frazzled holiday season. It's the relief, due in part to that glass of wine, but mostly due to just having those heartfelt girls near to you. You can see the warmth in their eyes, hear the music in their laughter, feel their sweet empathy and let go of all worries. You don't have to talk about work. Who wants to talk about that? You can just laugh. Let loose. Be free. For those 48 hours, it's all about fun... probably with a few tears thrown in there for good measure. I mean, we are women, right??

I had some of my best girl friends in town this past weekend, and... well, they just wowed my socks off. Mostly with their wit. But also with their humility, perspective, grace and vulnerability. These girls. They are the lifeline, the lively, the lifers. Isn't it wonderful to know who will be by your side forever? These treasured women flew in from all corners of the earth - Mobile, Al., West Palm, Fl. and NICARAGUA - all to stay in my tiny abode here in New York. What blessed souls. I'm sure they returned home with a new-found appreciation for space. Though I already miss them, I am most thankful for our times together. It's the best Christmas gift. I hope everyone has friends like these.

We traipsed all over this town, even in the midst of the heavy snow that fell upon us all day on Saturday. Hence the wet socks and the necessary trip into Urban Outfitters to buy more.

All photos are taken by these sweet ladies: Natalie at Fresh Life Findings, Alex at The Wonder List and Erica at This Side Photo.

// Washington Square Park //
// It was Santacon in West Village // The big tree in Midtown //
// Central Park //
// Cafe Lalo (remember this from You Got Mail?) //
// Cafe Lalo treats //
// Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree (really tricky to capture) // Radio City Music Hall //
// Fig & Olive, Meatpacking //
// Greenwich Village //
// On the stoop of Kathleen Kelly's apartment (We might have a slight You Got Mail obsession, yes.) //
// Art on my windowsill. //


These girls just made this cold weather a little bit sunnier. I hope you're having a wonderful week, counting down to Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh!! You've got Mail!!! Love it.. Looks like it was an amazing weekend..
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie,
    Looks like you had a great time with your best buds. No one knows better than I what a wonderful gift best friends are. By the way, remember when I was in your Mom's kitchen making a sandwich? You asked if Jesus came? Well I have NEWS, Jesus hasn't come yet but there have been rumors that HELL has frozen over, my cousin David Soares told me so. Thought you'd like to know. Love you.

    ReplyDelete