OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

January 8, 2014

A Proper Farewell to 2013.

// Snapped this in the park. I found Cruella de Ville, people. I'm pretty sure she's an East-sider. //

Hi, 2014. Bye, 2013.
Well, happy new year, friends! I hope you're staying warm wherever you are! I've spent the past 2 weeks completely unplugged. Believe it or not, the laptop began collecting a bit of dust. It was pretty marvelous. I've had a bit of time to reflect and refresh and I would encourage you to go for it, too! Although many of you probably already have. It really does wonders for the soul.

I'm still processing 2013 and I think I will continue to reflect over the coming weeks. A lot has happened this year! However, I'm also crazy excited about what 2014 holds and I can't wait to share all kinds of new content with you. But before diving into a slew of healthy recipes and goals and resolutions, I want to say a proper goodbye to the memories of 2013.

Farewell, 2013. It's been REAL. I feel like we really lived this one.

// From the top: Skiied this spring. TWICE. Oh the mountainous glory. // Harvard in the famed NEMO blizzard // These girls, braving the storm! MISS YOU! // Marveled at the Colorado Rockies // Traipsed through Venice. No wait, ATE through Venice... // Witnessed my best friend accomplish his dream. // Visited Disney for the 1st time! // Family Vacay with these beautiful people. Sheesh. // All my favorite ladies had babies this year! Yes! // Venice, again. It's just ridiculous. // Us in Paris. We were on our best behavior at Notre Dam. // Saw the REAL castle that Disney was based on. In the mountains of Southern Germany. Oy. // Under the Tuscan sunset. // My niece was born! Hallelujah! Photo Cred: Kara B. // Um, had an encounter with a really bad bird. // I picked the Lion's nose. In Florence. Supposed to represent St. Matthew. //
// Watched a duck chill out in the alps. // Mom visited me in NYC! Party girls! // Had Pimms in London. It was a genuine treat. // Threw a Downton Abbey party. It was, hilarious. // Reflected into Chicago's "bean" // Spooked the birds in Siena. // Ah, Serenbe with the Spencers. Only my dream meal. // Yep, that's the view from the Amalfi Coast. Don't cry. Just go to there. // Locked our love to the bridge in Paris // Saw Taylor Swift with my besties!! // That's a precious bicycle. In precious Florence. // Just us, hanging out. In our new hood on the Upper West Side. // My view from the top of Copper Mountain, ready to dominate a black run! It was breakthrough for moi. // A sign on the city streets. // Taking tea at the famous Fortnum & Mason. The queen awaits my return, I'm sure. // My new home, New York City. //
Things I didn't love about 2013? 
1. I think I let my head spin a lot. I was always rushing around, often caught up in chaos, too many to-do's and plans for the future.

2. I missed my friends and family.

3. I spent a lot of time indoors because of the freakishly long New England winter.

Things I loved about 2013?
1. I had SO MANY adventures this year! I saw a huge part of the world I have spent my lifetime dreaming about: Western Europe. And it was even more epic than I ever imagined.

2. I watched Stevie fulfill a massive dream: graduating from Harvard Business School. I can remember sitting with him by the Sacramento river when I was 18, and he told me he hoped to one day, maybe, just maybe, apply to HBS. I remember thinking, is that in Boston? And here I am, 7 years later, with the privilege of watching him walk down the grassy lawn at Harvard Yard, getting that diploma (in a slightly creepy monk-like outfit.) Absolutely priceless.

3. People were literally exploding with children everywhere I turned. My best friend had her first baby. My sister just had her second. My other sister had her third! Along with my OTHER sister who also had her first. Not to mention about 10 more of my dear friends, sprinkled all over the country, who also gave birth to their first sons and daughters this year. Absolutely miraculous. Also, there must be something in the water.

4. I completed a running challenge. It might not seem like a lot to some super intense athletes, but it was a great way for me to be accountable and accomplish something I had never done before!

5. We moved from Boston to New York City. This is an insane life-long dream. I am drinking in every moment here, because I know this won't last forever. But for now, I am an Upper West Sider and loving every moment.

I hope this coming year holds more surprises, adventures, dearer relationships, better recipes, hilarious stories and lots of peace. Above all, I hope 2014 holds more laughter and joy than ever before. Here's to 2014!

1 comment: