OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

February 27, 2014

1st Trimester Must Haves

1st Trimester Must Haves

1st Trimester Must Haves by oykristen
 // 1. Amazon The Baby Name Wizard // 2. Origins Gloomaway Body Wash // 3. The Honest Company Belly Balm // 4. Barnes & Noble The Hobbit // 5. Mmm bacon // 6. Lacroix Lime Sparkling Water // 7. Rainbow Light Prenatal One Vitamin // 8. Lululemon Skinny Will Pant // 9. Green Juice // 10. Krispy Kreme Original Glazed // 11. Netflix Instant Streaming //  

1st Tri.
People, the first trimester of pregnancy is a really interesting time. A really interesting, odd kind of time. I didn't really experience the whole "wow, life is growing inside of me, this is AMAZING"-feeling, but I didn't feel angry/pissed/annoyed by the pregnancy either. I fell somewhere in the middle. And coming from a family of women who ADORE pregnancy and all things baby-licious, I sort of expected to feel, you know, all prance-y and glowy. Unfortunately, the whole pregnancy glow thing is actually just sweat. It's sweat and getting ridiculously out of breath walking up the stairs. But thankfully, these are the few things that made my early pregnancy a lot more comforting: 

1. Amazon The Baby Name Wizard - My sweet sis lent me her copy of this unique baby book. I've really enjoyed it because it gives you a strategy for how to name your child; it's not just a list of names. It provides a ton of insight behind why you prefer certain sounds/combinations and it teaches you how to choose a name for your child that is meaningful, teasing-free and completely one-of-a-kind. Now if only we can decide on something.

2. Origins Gloomaway Body Wash - Last year my bff Trish gave me this lotion as a gift. It is so peppy and joyful smelling, I decided to splurge and get the body wash, too. It makes a world of difference in my morning mood. If I wake up and wash with this, the whole day has a better outlook. It may seem simple, but you will grasp for anything comforting during those first few unknown months of early pregnancy. I've learned that a tiny little bit of pampering can really go a long way!

3. The Honest Company Belly Balm - I immediately ordered this when I found out I was expecting. I got my first stretch marks at 12 years old (and they have never disappeared!), so I didn't want to wait and "chance it" with this whole pregnancy thing. They say stretch marks can't be avoided, but I'm going to try my darndest to prevent any more from plaguing my body! And for those of you ladies who have told me you've never had them in your life... I just can't imagine. For those of you who understand the concept of thunder thighs - I have yet to obtain any new stretch marks with this balm. Fingers crossed!

4. Barnes & Noble The Hobbit - This is an old favorite, and this particular copy is so so beautiful. My dad got it for me a few years ago, and I love to crack it open every once in a while and re-read this fanciful story. Believe me, the 1st tri has you laying around A LOT. So reading... yeah, it's a good break from all the Netflix you watch. Oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself...
 
5. Mmm bacon - I craved bacon with a passion during weeks 6-10 of my pregnancy. I couldn't get enough. That was around Thanksgiving/Christmastime, which is when I was with my Georgian family, and let me just say... my mom was kind enough to make it for me almost everyday. I know, it can't possibly be healthy to eat bacon that often, but what can I say? My body yearned for it. It yearned, people. I guess this child is a protein lover.

6. Lacroix Lime Sparkling Water - This isn't the first time I've sung the praises of delicious Lacroix water, but now more than ever I have been gulping it down! Especially this lime flavor... yum, it is the perfect thirst quencher! Especially since pregnancy makes you crazy thirsty and you can never get enough water to feel satisfied.

7. Rainbow Light Prenatal One Vitamin - I don't know a lot about prenatals, let me just clearly state that. But this particular vitamin has been a great choice for me - no upset stomach, no burping up weirdness, and super easy to digest. Just a really well rounded food-based pill that is chock-full of hearty vitamins for mama and baby.

8. Lululemon Skinny Will Pant - This pant. Is a dream. Stevie was sweet enough to take me into Lululemon when I couldn't fit into any of my leggings anymore (they were so tight and the waistband was cutting into my stomach and KILLING me). I tried on several pairs of their plain black leggings, and finally landed on this Skinny Will pant. It has a great tummy section that you can adjust and fold down under your belly (comfortably!) or you can pull up over your stomach and it smooths out your belly underneath your shirt, exactly like a belly band. They are a bit pricey if you're just purchasing them for yoga pants, but I have literally worn these every single day for the past month. And no, I'm not exaggerating. You can wear them just like any other leggings, with tall socks and boots or with your comfy Toms or, obviously, to the gym for yoga! This is my favorite (and most used!) pregnancy purchase so far.

9. Green Juice - Eating is a bit of a pain during the first trimester. When your tummy is always grumbly and nauseous, the last thing you want to eat is healthy food (AKA salads or vegetables). However, I found that I could get in some good nutrients by throwing them into a smoothie or juice. I snacked on lots of crackers and toast and other forms of carbs during the 1st tri, but if I could sneak in a smoothie or juice everyday, at least I knew I was getting some good nutrition in the midst of feeling crappy. This isn't just for pregnant ladies! My hubby loves this Green Juice recipe as much as me!

10. Krispy Kreme Original Glazed - Okay okay I know what you're thinking. Crazy munching pregnant lady! But actually, I've been eating less sugar since I got pregnant because I don't really crave it. With the exception of these delicious "hot now" treats, of course. I just can't help it. I've limited myself to purchasing these only once during my pregnancy (so far), because I don't want to loose all control, but oh... don't they just look delicious? PS I never craved donuts pre-pregnancy. Like EVER. Did too many donut-related fundraisers in middle and high school. Somehow my brain has recently experienced amnesia from hating donuts from way back then. If you've known me for long enough, I probably sold you a box of these as an 8th grader.

11. Netflix Instant Streaming - Um, how do people live without Netflix? This delicious application made my 3 months of horizontal life so much more pleasant. I blazed through episodes of White Collar, Burn Notice and How I Met Your Mother, along with some good old favorite viewings of Emma and You've Got Mail. It helped me laugh when I felt like nothing was funny AT ALL.

I know a LOT of ladies out there that are pregnant right now. What were your 1st Tri must haves? Leave it in the comments below!




10 comments:

  1. Origins is amazing!! I've been using a moisture creme of theirs ("precipitation extra") on my stomach daily since I found out I was pregnant...and so far, at 8.5 months, no stretch marks! Worth the investment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh girl, that sounds amazing. Their products are TOTALLY worth the dollas. I'll have to order some - will do ANYTHING to avoid extra stretch marks. Thanks for the tip!!!

      Delete
  2. But I've also heard good things about the Honest Company. Good luck! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you, my friend! Praying for a happy and healthy baby & delivery for you!!

      Delete
  3. Oh these are fantastic!!! I ADORE sparkling water and I'm not even pregnant... I love the Whole Foods brand (lime) because it's sodium free so you are actually hydrating yourself! Thanks for sharing girl!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juju came to Austin in her first trimester, and we did an epic BBQ crawl around the city. Her baby loves pork sausage and brisket, which isn't too far off from bacon. You're not alone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! Oh gosh, BBQ pork and brisket are my JAM right now. Yummmm

      Delete
  5. Okay, the comment above made me laugh. :)
    If you think La Croix is awesome, you have got to find Topo Chico Sparkling Mineral Water. It's made in Mexico. I started drinking it when I was in Austin (see above comment). I would drink nothing else after the trip. I ended up finding it in a Mexican grocery store one day here in GA, and then soon after they started selling it at Publix. MUST have for those fizzy water cravings. Put it on ice with a splash of fresh lime. IT. IS. HEAVENLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi juju, nice to see you! ;)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha Juju that sounds delish! Unfortunately we don't have Publix up here but I'll google it and see if I can find where its sold. Sounds amazing! And it sounds like EXACTLY what I've had a hankering for lately - thanks for the tip! I hope you're feeling great, too!!

      Delete