OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

April 22, 2014

TASTE: Blueberry-Apple Baked Oatmeal

Blueberry Apple Baked Oatmeal
Yum yum yum yum. I don't know about you, but I love eating oatmeal in the mornings. Heeeaaaallllthy. But I pretty much loathe making it. It just feels like it takes, like, 7 whole minutes. I know, I sound like an ugly rushed American. But in the morning time, especially lately, I've been waking up famished and wanting food NOW. So oatmeal? Doesn't really fit into the "quick and easy" breakfast category. But this oatmeal (introduced to me by my lovely dear, newly-British friend Carrie), is wondrous, because you can prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. Then, voila! You have a delicious, healthy, toasty breakfast. And if you have a husband who wakes up before you... he can put it in the oven so that it's hot and ready right when you wake up :) Thanks, Stevie!


Ingredients:
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup Blueberries, fresh or dried
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt 

Method:
1) Chop the apple. Combine in a bowl with the blueberries. Set aside.

2) In a large bowl, combine the oats, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and combine with the almond milk, agave and melted butter. Stir the wet mixture into the oat mixture, adding in the apples and blueberries until evenly combined.

3) Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Yields 9 servings. Or 2. Depending on how much you eat :)


Breakfast of Champs!
I really hope you love this. Because I do - a lot. And if you're interested in a fun twist of flavor on this basic oatmeal recipe, you can check out my exotic Mango Coconut Baked Oatmeal. That's right. You can get a little crazy with it and this will still taste incredible.

Happy breakfasting!


No comments:

Post a Comment