OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

October 6, 2014

A Picnicing Trio.

A Picnicing Trio.
Lately I've been feeling a little bit claustrophobic and cooped up. I have a newborn and we spend our days indoors, while I beg him to nap and he begs to differ. So when the weekends roll around, all I want to do is have FUN. And my definition of fun is getting redesigned, since there are only a handful of places that we can comfortably take our newborn child. Without getting glared at. I wish we were in a phase where would could easily tote our little babe along anywhere, but that's just not the case. Enter the perfect solution/afternoon plan: the picnic.

Ah, the picnic. A great American pastime. The darling weaved basket, the iconic food, the oh-so-slurpable wine. Picnicking is what adorable people do, like couples in endless love or families with golden retrievers and approximately 2.5 children (probably donning Land's End polos. Yes, the retriever, too.) Then it dawned on me. WE THREE SHOULD PICNIC. I mean, we live in Georgia again. There are lawns around here. We might not have a precious pup or an assortment of prepster gear, but we like to eat! We should be having some picnics.

// Lake McIntosh //
// What a babe. Both. //
// We thought we would read. The folly. //
// How bout them Braves, son. //
So last weekend we took off for our impromptu outdoor family date. And it was SO fun. We stopped by the fancy Fresh Market, treated ourselves to deli sandwiches and chips and some other tasty delights (that Fresh Market, my oh my, it's almost as decadent as walking through a Tiffany's.) We took our bounty out to a hill, overlooking Lake McIntosh in Peachtree City. Okay, we might have crashed a golf course and spread ourselves out on the lawn aplenty. But it had been a long time since I experienced such peace and joy. I breathed in the crisp air and held my baby close. Laughed at my awesome husband who has done everything in his power to make me happy. We ate and laughed and talked and played with our baby. And it was so so fun.

// Perfect view for feeding my little man. //
// Happy feet! //

We munched, Everett lunched, and we got to be OUT TOGETHER. As a family. Because we're a family now :)

Best of all? Everett could yelp until the cows came home and no one cared. Stupendous.




6 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen. My heart. This is just fabulous and I love that you all are finding new ways to feel joy - that's importante! Also, lovin' the reading selections. I read Bread&Wine and I think it will give you a lot of "new" perspective on just being and being together. Great choice. Love you dear and keep wearing felt hats with feather adornments ... they're working. xo, Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! So glad you like the reads... and the feather in my cap :) High compliment from such an intelligent fashionista whom I SO admire!

      Delete
  2. What a glorious day and beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too precious!! I love this..
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete