OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

December 19, 2014

The 6th Day: Holiday Dates.

Holiday Dates.
Oh the holidays. There is so much fuss over shopping and presents (it's a little out of control these days, isn't it?) that sometimes we can miss out on the most important part: spending quality time with our loved ones. I know I am susceptible to this. I get all frazzled and hung up on finding THE PERFECT GIFT for all the zillions of people on my list. That I forget. To just enjoy those sweet people.

How to combat the crazy? One thing that Stevie & I try to do every year is go on one really special Christmas date. In years past, we've gone to listen to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, gone to see the Rockettes, gone to see a broadway show, gone out to a pizazz-y dinner, depending on where we lived at the time - we've just tried to do something snazzy and memorable. And these dates are memorable. I remember walking home from our date last year - the snow was so beautiful in New York that we decided to walk (instead of take the subway or a cab) 28 blocks home. I still remember it. It was dreamy, everything laced with a bit of frosty sparkle, following along the edge of the park the whole way. These moments are the true "markers" of the Christmas season, for me.

This year, we did things a little differently. We decided to have a "day of fun" and go out to brunch alone and then have Everett along for the rest of the day. Thankfully, our dear friend Lena watched the babe while we enjoyed a baby-free brunch at Sun in My Belly and then we three walked through the Paris on Ponce market and got all kinds of inspiration for our (somewhere in the future??) home. It was really a sweet day. We tired out a LOT easier than we normally do, and ended up back home way earlier than we planned, snuggled in our pjs. Must be all the lack of sleep we're experiencing this year :) Oh, Everett.

Pumpkin Latte. I'll take two please.
How rad is that wall? We couldn't resist playing in the color.
Hi.
Yeah, I tried on the vintage hats. Don't judge me.
He found the chair of his dreams.
Somebody got sleepy.

More?!
I'll admit, enjoying a baby-free brunch only made me want to do it again. So Stevie and I are attempting to squeeze in one last Christmas date before the holiday is at our doorstep... I've heard The Optimist in Atlanta is a good spot. Any other suggestions from you hip in-the-know-it-alls?

What's on your list for some holiday fun time with your love? A date? A night in? A day on the town? Most of all, I hope you're taking the chance to enjoy the memories. You only get this Christmas once!

2 comments:

  1. Yes to The Optimist!!! Or Bartaco!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I've heard good things about Bartaco. From you. haha :)

      Delete