OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

December 5, 2014

The Family that Climbs Together.

The Family that Climbs Together.
We have loved living close to our families this year. We feel so lucky to be able to drop by unannounced, have impromptu full-attendance meals, and last-minute hangouts at a super duper central location - it makes us feel very Cosby Show-esque. Friday night burgers in town? Sure! Midweek bowling birthday celebration? Of course! Sometimes when you know something can't last, it can really put some pep in your step to invest your time wisely. Since we aren't sure where we will be living a year from now, Stevie and I do everything we can to make family time a priority. And since having our own baby, the months have passed by so quickly we can't even believe it. Before you know it, it will be August again! Whew!

So we went rock climbing a few weeks ago to celebrate birthdays. How fun is that? I had to share these pics, because how fierce are Stevie's brothers and sisters? The answer is very/a lot/VERY. It was a ridiculously fun evening, sans kids, pure adrenaline, all laughter and showcasing our spider-man slash parkour skills. I really love silliness. And this was an excellent opportunity to be hardcore and silly.

// Katie climbed to Heaven. //
// A BREAK WAS NEEDED. //
// I was trying to be Popeye. The other two were just cute. //


Challenging Yourself.
Have you ever rock climbed before? I'll be honest with you, it isn't for the faint of heart. It tests all sorts of personal boundaries you probably have. You know, like that whole attachment to gravity. I like rock climbing because it challenges your own strengths, both physically and mentally. It's a total mind game. Stevie and I had done it one other time, in Austin a few years ago, with one of his former bosses who climbed real rocks, out in the wilderness, barefoot. Yes. That guy was truly a boss.

I'm so glad I had a tad bit of experience before climbing with these radicals I call my kin. My sisters-in-law are seriously beasts. At one point during climbing, after Katie had reached the ceiling, she called down to the guy belaying her, "Oh, is that it? I can't go any higher?" I just stared at her, open mouthed. These people. Are so sublime.


The family that climbs together. You know. Goes out to pizza afterwards together.

No comments:

Post a Comment