OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

March 30, 2015

TASTE: (My) Lentil Tabbouleh

TASTE: (My) Lentil Tabbouleh
I had no idea how delicious tabbouleh truly is. What a healthy, fresh way to take in some lunch! This is a twist on the classic recipe, using lentils (how Christ-like, right?!) which means it's super packed with protein. I have really been getting into mixing grains in with my salad at lunch - it makes them much more filling, and honestly, just way more fun. I am so bored with salad, but in an attempt to clean up my diet and eat super healthy during the week, salads are making more of a presence in my life lately. This one still counts as a salad because of all the awesome raw veggies. The mustard in the dressing gives the whole dish a bright fresh finish. Try it! You will be surprised at how super easy this is to make this ahead of time and have stocked in the fridge for mid-week lunches. Also, the colors are so pretty I kind of want to wear it AND eat it. 


Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked, drained lentils (I used the dark green variety)
- 2 large bunches parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon course, seeded mustard (I prefer whole-grain mustard)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pepper to taste

Method:
1. Prepare lentils according to package. Drain and set them aside in a large mixing bowl.

2. In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustards, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.

3. Add the dressing to the lentil mixture. Stir in the onions, tomatoes and parsley. Add a pinch more of salt and pepper, if you'd like.


Party in your mouth. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment