OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

April 6, 2015

TASTE: Artichoke & Olive Quinoa

Artichoke & Olive Quinoa
You deserve a healthy lunch. But it can be hard to eat healthy when you're busy in the middle of the day! This month I am going to share with you a few easy make-ahead lunches that are easy to pack in a bag and eat on the go. I've started meal-prepping my lunches at the beginning of the week to make sure that I stick to my goals and eat healthy, even when I'm being pulled in many directions throughout my day. It's so easy to give in and chow down on whatever is accessible. For me, this often means chocolate-chip Kind bars and popcorn. Not exactly a balanced meal. And I need lots of energy, so I have to make sure I fuel up properly.

I came up with this little meal, which is super easy to prep, and some of the ingredients can even be swapped out for other options. This way, you can make it a few weeks in a row and slightly modify the mix-ins to change it up for your taste buds.

Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 jar Kalamata Olives
- 1 jar Artichokes
- 1 bunch Chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Optional swaps: green olives in place of Greek olives, parsley in place of chives, cherry tomatoes in place of artichokes - the possibilities are endless!
- Optional Add-ons for extra protein: tuna, shredded chicken or salmon

Method:
1. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and set aside.

2. Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add quinoa and lower the heat. Cover the pot. Stir frequently until the liquid is completely dissolved.

3. Add in the artichokes, olives, chives. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice.

4. Add in your preferred protein, if you choose. I like it with tuna!




Lunch is Served.
I hope you get a small moment for yourself to enjoy this delicious bowl of health! Let me know what you think about this super easy make-ahead meal :) Happy Monday to you, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment