Happy Earth Day! Today I'm bringing you the latest installment in this month's roundup of unusual salads and I'm just gonna go ahead and say it - this one is a home run. Because everyone that tastes this slaw wants more! And it's composed of completely raw veggies (and a few other goodies), which is especially healthy. Woohoo! Add in some sweet and savory elements, drizzle on some good dressing, and you've got yourself and healthy healthy lunch, my friends.
- 1 package Broccoli Slaw (in the salad section of your grocery store - usually contains shredded broccoli, cabbage and carrots)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- Your choice of Balsamic Dressing (this one is my new favorite, you can find it at Kroger in the organic section)
1. Combine the slaw, chopped apple, cranberries, goat cheese and pecans in a mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle on your balsamic dressing.
3. Voila! I told you this one was easy!
You might find yourself making this over and over again, because it's so simple to throw together, super hearty and filling, and just plain fun. Let me know what you think!