OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

May 18, 2015

TASTE: Milkmaid Cookies (for lactating mamas!)

TASTE: Milkmaid Cookies (for lactating mamas!)
This recipe is my secret weapon.

As a nursing mother, I have experienced the highs and lows of breastfeeding during my almost 10-month journey. If you are experiencing a drop in your milk supply, but you want to continue breastfeeding, cook up a batch of these cookies and get to eating! The combination of flaxseed, Brewers Yeast and oatmeal is some kind of magic sauce, and helps increase the lactation! I like to refer to these as my boobie cookies, but that probably seems kind of crude to some of you. Although, if you do refer to them as your boobie cookies around the house, it might scare your husband from polishing them all off. I told mine that these would make him grow boobs and start spraying milk in public. However, doesn't seem to fear this, because these cookies still disappear... I need a new scare tactic.

Many thanks to my sister for introducing this recipe to me. I've tweaked it a bit, subbing in a few different kinds of sugar instead of using white sugar. I also added in the variety of chocolate and white chocolate chips and raisins, because I like my cookies to have some extra flavor. Plus, the flavor of the Brewers Yeast (the main ingredient that helps increase milk supply) is pretty bitter, so adding in some punches of add-ins really helps. Also, I used some steel-cut oats because it makes the cookies super nutty and chunky, but if you don't love that texture, you can use all regular oats.


Ingredients:
- 3 cups Oats (1.5 regular and 1.5 steel cut)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Butter
- 4 tbsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Flaxseeds (or Flaxseed Meal, either will work)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2-4 tbsp. Brewers Yeast
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup

I had the cutest little kitchen helper.
Mixing bowls really entertain babies in the kitchen. Another secret weapon!
I like to freeze half the batch in this "cookie log", then have some for later!
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix the water with the flaxseed and let it soak for 5 minutes.

3. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, molasses, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl.

4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.

5. Add in the Flaxseed mixture, combining well.

6. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, brewers yeast, cinnamon, and salt.

7. Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, taking time to beat the ingredients together well.

8. Last, add in the white and chocolate chips and raisins. Stir to combine.

9. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool before you dive headfirst into an eating frenzy :)


Let thy milk flow.
I guarantee that you will experience some increase in your milk supply if you eat a few of these cookies each day. I froze half of this batch for later, because this recipe yields like a zillion.

Let me know if you give these a try and how they work out for you!

Get your milk on ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment