OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

August 23, 2013

DIY: Pretty Up Your Bathroom for $7

Easiest DIY Ever.
Want a weekend project? I've got the EASIEST ever DIY for you. Project "pretty-up-my-creepy-bathroom" has been enacted on all fronts since we moved in. NYC apartments just aren't the cleanest. Or remodeled. Or pretty. So little by little, my apartment is getting a facelift. The bathroom got voted first. Mostly because it's small and easiest to tackle and see semi-quick results!

Materials.
Ok, here's the deal. My bathroom mirror is an old-school medicine cabinet that opens in 3 panels. Behind each mirrored panel is some of the oldest, skeeziest particle board ever. I tried scrubbing it when we moved in, but to no sparkling avail. The next best thing? Covering it up. I bought this Green & Gold Tile paper at Paper Source down the street for approx. $7. And that is all you will spend on this marvelous project. Seriously.

// Sorry for the spooky lighting. Bathroom lighting is always a tough one for me. //


Method.
1. I pulled out all the toiletries in the medicine cabinet and wiped everything down again. I removed the shelves and then I tucked the paper behind the mirror. Some excess paper hung outside the cabinet. It's all good.

2. & 3. I folded the paper back when it needed to be trimmed. Using my husband's favorite tool, I cut along the edge of the paper. You can also use an x-acto knife.

4. Using tape (it doesn't have to be any specific kind), I carefully taped the back of the paper to the edges of the inside cabinet.

5. Voila. Open the cabinet, prettiness abounds. Thank goodness. It's the little things that can make you feel better about the space you live in, am I right?

6. This post was NOT endorsed by Tom's. Ha but I do love him.

Let me know if you decide to give this a try! I will be doing some more work on our apartment this weekend and will have more projects to share. Have the happiest of happy weekends.




3 comments:

  1. Very creative!!! I've been so curious too about the removable wallpaper! Have you seen it? Looks awesome for us renters..
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've seen it online but never in person... what do you think about it?

      Delete
  2. Paper Source is the best!! Look at you and your DIY'in self! Get it girrrrl!

    ReplyDelete