OY!HOMEABOUTCONTACTPORTFOLIOBLOGSILOVEADVERTISE

October 29, 2014

The Many Faces of Everett + Travel Tips?

The Many Faces of Everett + Travel Tips?
I really have tried to resist over-sharing baby pictures. Yet somehow I have turned into that monsterous baby-crazed lady, snapping 100+ photos a day of my child laying, playing, sleeping, screaming. I love them all. ALL. And yet I do feel sort of coo-coo for being that way. How did this happen? TO ME. I kind of can't believe it. I was never even a baby person. Not until Everett.

And oh my, Everett. He is full of personality. Has the strongest will. He is so funny and expressive. He gets bored way too easily. He doesn't just cry, he knows how to WAIL. He wants China to hear him. He really doesn't do anything half-heartedly. He is 100% present in all his feelings. And he has a lot of feelings. Like just now. He is feeling super annoyed that I put him down in his pack n' play to write this post. He's all like, "Lady, you think this mobile is entertaining? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM." And now he's crying. Translated from baby talk, that means he's hollering at me. Confession: I always hated it when other people's children would cry. It just sounded so irritating and distracting. And like, loud. However, when my baby cries, I just feel super bad for him. I find myself asking him over and over again, "What do you need? What can I do for you?!" - as if he will open his mouth and respond. Well, I guess he does respond. We just aren't speaking the same language quite yet. Although... we are getting there!

So I had to share a few of these wonderfully sweet photos of my babe-man from the past month. He cracks me up. It's okay if he doesn't crack you up, that's understandable. But you can humor me. BECAUSE I MADE HIM.
I'M BORED MOM.
// He likes to keep a little extra in his neck roll. For later. //
// I mean... seriously? Middle left?! BOTTOM RIGHT!! My uterus just skipped like 6 beats. //

In other news, we are heading back to NYC for a quick trip in a few weeks. Any tips on how to fly with a baby, get around a big city with a baby in tow, and any special products to pack would be suuuuper appreciated! I'll admit that I am a little nervous to fly with him because he just isn't the kind of child who will sit quietly in the corner. NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER. (Sorry, couldn't leave that one unsaid.) But seriously, he is not a docile, sleep-everywhere-all-the-time kind of kid. So... yeah. Help please.

Are you ready for Halloween? I am trying so hard to convince Stevie to do a family-themed costume for the 3 of us. So far he is putting up all kinds of "NO" to my ideas. But we will see if that lasts :)


11 comments:

  1. We flew alot when james and emma were babies and found out that if you feed them while taking off and feed them when desending, it helps with the ear pressure. Hope this helps! Everett is quite the handsome little man:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, Leah! I've heard that before about the ear pressure - I will make sure to feed during those takeoff/landing times!

      Delete
  2. Carry-on sized liquor bottles for your seat buddies? Lol I got nothin...
    In other news, YOUR KID IS LIKE "FREAK OF NATURE" LEVEL CUTE! And he has your dimples :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet. Yes, he has my dimples. It's too much fun for words. As for the liquor... you might have a point there. :)

      Delete
  3. Pack a bottle of milk for him to drink if he gets hungry going thru security. Wear him in a ergo thru security (you don't have to take it off). Carry a pillow onto the plane, you can use your tray-table as a place for him to sleep and stretch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh good thinking about the bottle! Can I carry it through security since if its breastmilk?

      Delete
  4. I have heard so many parents who make up and pass out goodie bags for their fellow passengers that include apologies in advance, earplugs, candy, etc. Big task but seriously how can people be made at you when you preemptively strike with humor and kindness?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about it too! It sounds like a good bit of work but maybe I will put my Halloween candy to better use and pass it out to my new "friends" on board. Can't hurt, right??

      Delete
  5. You can take as much breastmilk/formula/juice (for later on) as long as you declare it to a security agent. You can also have a icepack too! Good news for us! They recommend bringing an empty bottle in case they make you pour it from one container to another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, baby travel requires lots of thought and preparation. Will talk soon. Love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. I carried a boatload of milk through security, so you guys will be great with just a bottle or two and an actual baby in tow. So excited for you to take Everett back to where it all started. . . I love his precious faces. His eyes and smile just light up the screen!

    ReplyDelete